You need to think beyond aesthetics when choosing exterior wall panels. You must ensure that the cladding material is suitable for your local climate and conforms to local laws. They must also contribute to energy efficiency and minimal maintenance.
You also have to balance durability and appearance while keeping your maintenance budget in check. Our experts in building restoration provide an overview of exterior panel options, including cladding for commercial and housing buildings.
Different Cladding Materials
- Stone cladding: This type of cladding is made up of thin layers of natural and simulated stones. It can give your low-rise home or building an elegant, earthy appearance.
- Metal cladding: For large and small commercial buildings, steel and aluminum are both popular metal options. A metal facade is lightweight, strong, and durable. It can be customized with a variety of colours to match your design needs.
- Brick cladding: Brick cladding is lightweight and provides good insulation. It doesn’t require much maintenance. You can also create unique patterns for your commercial or residential property by using a variety of colours.
- Cladding made of Fiber-Cement: This cladding looks just like wood but is actually made from compressed sheets of cement, clay, sand, and cellular fiber. It is lighter and easier than wood. However, it requires less maintenance.
- Vinyl cladding: Vinyl cladding is economical and easy to maintain. It comes in many colors and looks great on any type of structure. You can also add insulation easily.
- Timber cladding: Timber is an eco-friendly option and natural insulator.
- Weatherboard cladding: Weatherboard is typically made of reconstituted hardwood, timber, or other woods. It can be stained or painted to your preference. It can be attached to brick or fiber cement and requires regular maintenance.
- Stucco: Stucco exteriors are manufactured products made up of lime, silica, sand, and white cement. They can last 50 years or longer. The aesthetic benefit of custom colours is that they can be made in any colour you choose.
Cladding for Houses
Before you choose a product to cover your building’s facade, it is wise to compare the costs, durability, and maintenance. Wood, brick, and stones offer distinctive looks from an aesthetic perspective. Vinyl and fiber cement is cheaper and can be as much as 25% less expensive than the previously mentioned materials. For enhanced curb appeal, many homeowners combine two types of cladding materials.
Exterior Wall Panels for Commercial Buildings
Exterior wall cladding should not be considered purely for aesthetic reasons. Performance and durability should also be taken into consideration when choosing exterior wall cladding to commercial buildings. Popular rainscreen systems made of metal (copper or zinc, galvanized or stainless steel) are very popular. Composite panels with high performance are ideal for industrial and commercial buildings due to their ease of installation and outstanding acoustics. Cement cladding is low-maintenance and frost-proof; another cost-effective option is to have a life expectancy of at least 40 years. External cladding provides a crucial line of defense against wind and water as well as sun and snow. When cladding is damaged, many problems with the building envelope can result. Protect your investment by performing regular maintenance and making timely repairs. At Nortem, we offer only the highest quality materials and skilled craftsmanship, as well as exceptional service. Each customer receives personal service from a project manager who will ensure a timely and efficient project finish.